Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a competitive exam for the graduating students of Engineering, technology, architecture and Science in India. This examination serves as an entrance to the postgraduate studies in IITs, NITs, deemed universities, centrally funded research labs and also to pursue jobs in the Public Sector Units. GATE 2021 will be conducted for 27 papers in the month of February 2021. There’s a GATE online application form available to apply online for the GATE examination. All the application procedure is carried by the GOAPS 2021 site. The gate exam is conducted in various Gate exam centres spread across different cities in India as well as abroad. From 2014, Gate examination has become purely a computer-based test(CBT)
GATE 2021 apply online
For GATE 2021, all information related to the candidates will be available in a single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS-2021). Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY and also it’s an online examination. The photograph, signature, thumb impression, qualifying degree certificate, and category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates shall be required to enter the specified number in their identification card of any one of Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee identification or and Driving License. The candidates who do not have any of these identity cards may please get one of these cards issued before application procedure. Please note that no application form is available for sale anywhere.
For International candidates, ONLY a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID shall be accepted as the recognized identification.
Gate Online form filling procedure
All the candidates have to apply for GATE 2021 only ONLINE. Details of the Gate online application form fee are shown below. The application fee is non-refundable.
Details of application fee for GATE 2021
|Type of candidate||Fee (on or before September (TBD))||Fee during extended period|
|Women candidates||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|All other candidates||₹ 1500||₹ 2000|
|GATE International candidates (Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu)||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|GATE International candidates (Dubai and Singapore)||
* PwD means a person who is physically challenged.
GATE online application form 2021 fee payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or UPI or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS-2021)
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface, you can,
1. Apply for the examination online.
2. Upload photograph, signature, thumb impression and other relevant documents such as graduation certificate, category certificate (wherever applicable), etc.
3. Pay the application fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
4. Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
5. Contact the zonal GATE Office in case of any queries/problems.
6. Download Admit Card.
7. View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface uses your GOAPS password. Keep your password information safe, secure and confidential. The application procedure remains the same for International candidates.
The international candidates must have a passport for making an application.
Filling GATE Online Application form 2021
1. GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) has the web address appsgate.iitb.ac.in. Below is the link to apply for Gate 2021
It can also be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2021 Organizing Institute. Candidates are discouraged from making an application through a third person. If somebody else is making the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted is absolutely correct. It has been revealed by some candidates with wrong information in their application that their application was done from a computer café owner etc. or by an acquaintance/friend, who did not have proper and sufficient information about the details of the candidates. Hence, we strongly discourage such practice in application making.
2. Registration: A candidate must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number, and a GOAPS password. All communication from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number or mobile number of a close relation or friend who is in regular touch with you, because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS. The international candidates shall be contacted only through email address. However, mobile number information shall be used only when the GATE 2021 Organizing Institute tries to pass some important information through the mobile phone. GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment
GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly encouraged that the password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd).
3. GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate.
4. Data Requirement for Filling Application: The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2021 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
c) Eligibility degree details
d) College address, PIN code of college,
e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,
f) High-quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified.
h) A high-quality image of your thumb impression conforming to the requirements specified.
i) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/year (for final year candidates) in pdf format.
j) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
k) Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
l) Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
m) Details of the valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
n) Net-banking/debit card/credit card/UPI details for fee payment
5. Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Online help about using GOAPS-2021 is also available.
6. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
7. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
8. For online payment follow the instructions given for payment options.
9. Problems in Login into GOAPS –In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow instructions on the GOAPS portal to retrieve them.