The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the well-known institutes of the country NITs, IITs, and other reputed private institutes and universities. The upcoming 2021 Gate examination is going to be organized by IIT Bombay in the 1st and 2nd week of February 2021. Following below you can see the GATE 2021 exam dates.
This article gives you a clear understanding of the procedure to be followed from how to apply for Gate 2021 Exam to the results of the Gate 2021. Below are the complete details about Gate exam important dates, Eligibility criteria, Exam pattern, Gate 2021, syllabus, Gate online application form filling, application fee details, Gate admit card, etc.
GATE 2021 exam at a glance
|Organized by||IIT Bombay|
|Examination level||National level|
|Who are eligible||Bachelor’s/Masters degree holder/in the final year/in the pre-final year|
|Conducted in||February 2021|
|Application form available from||September 2020|
Clarify all your GATE 2021 doubts from GATE 2021 FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
GATE 2021 exam important dates
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens-||Monday||14th September 2020|
|Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||Wednesday||30th September 2020|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||Wednesday||7th October 2020|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||13th November 2020|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||Friday||8th January 2021|
|GATE 2021 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2021
6th February 2021
7th February 2021
12th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||Monday||22nd March 2021|
Must check: GATE 2021 information brochure
Eligibility criteria to take GATE 2021 exam
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2021:
- There’s no age limit for appearing GATE
- A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology(4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course/Naval Architecture (Four years course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year programmes in Science(B.s) and those who are in the final year of such programmes
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programmes.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in in the fourth or higher year of such programmes
- Holders of Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc/M.Sc Dual Degree and those who are in the final year of such programmes
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Gate 2021 Exam pattern
Pattern of Question Papers
- In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, ES, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% percentage of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST, XH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
Must check: Detailed GATE 2021 pattern, marks & design of questions
GATE 2021 would contain questions of two different types in various papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
- Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
GATE 2021 syllabus
GATE 2021 will be conducted in 27 subjects which comprise of Aerospace, Agricultural, Architecture, Biomedical, Biotechnology, Civil, Chemical, Computer Science, Chemistry, Electronics & Communication, Electrical, Environmental Science, Ecology & Evolution, Geology & Geophysics, Instrumentation, Mathematics, Mechanical, Mining, Metallurgical, Petroleum, Physics, Production & Industrial, Statistics, Textile & Fibre, Engineering Sciences, Life Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences. You can find the Gate 2021 syllabus for all branches below.
Check here → GATE 2021 syllabus for all branches
GATE 2021 – Online Application Form
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission from 14th September 2020. By the following link below you get the complete step by step procedure for applying GATE exam
Procedure for GATE 2021 Application Process
- First, make the registration
- Fill the online application form
- Upload your photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee
- Check your application status
- Contact GATE zonal offices for any queries
- Download the admit card