The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay will be organizing the GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2021, the same will be confirmed by IIT Bombay soon. The official site for the GATE 2021 is ready but will be active from the month of September 2020 during which the application procedure for GATE 2021 starts. Below are the details about GATE 2021 IIT Bombay official site.
The GATE 2021 IIT Bombay official site is gate.iitb.ac.in
The GATE 2021 exam will be held in the 1-2 weeks of February on Saturday and Sunday.
The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on the several years of examination data. From recent times, GATE scorecards are valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE 2021 will be conducted in 27 subjects which comprise of Aerospace, Agricultural, Architecture, Biomedical, Biotechnology, Civil, Chemical, Computer Science, Chemistry, Electronics & Communication, Electrical, Environmental Science & Engineering, Ecology & Evolution, Geology & Geophysics, Instrumentation, Mathematics, Mechanical, Mining, Metallurgical, Petroleum, Physics, Production & Industrial, Statistics, Textile & Fibre, Engineering Sciences, Life Sciences and Humanities and Social Sciences.
GATE 2021 exam pattern:
Gate 2021 exam contains a total of 65 questions worth a maximum of 100 marks. From 2014 onward, the examination for all the papers is carried out in an online Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where the candidates are shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. The questions consist of both multiple choice questions (four answer options out of which the correct one has to be chosen) and numerical answer type questions ( the answer is a real number, to be entered via an on-screen keypad and computer mouse). Candidates are provided with blank paper sheets for rough work and these have to be returned after the examination.
GATE 2021 eligibility:
The following are eligible to take GATE 2021
- There’s’ no age limit for appearing GATE exam.
- A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology(4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course/Naval Architecture (Four years course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year programmes in Science(B.s) and those who are in the final year of such programmes
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programmes.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in in the fourth or higher year of such programmes
- Holders of Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc/M.Sc Dual Degree and those who are in the final year of such programmes
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to MS, PhD in India. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings(PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
Doubts about GATE 2021, then have a look at all the GATE 2021 FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)